Friday, February 15, 2008

A couple of the Rikk Agnew LP tracks for you and more.

Hey. I'm finally back with some of the Rikk Agnew LP tracks. I'm going to start the MP3 mixtape entries this week. I'm accumulating records at an insane pace these days. I'm even piling MP3s on my computer faster than it can keep up. Since I have two OS I don't have as much room on my hard drive as I thought I was going to need initially. I should be buying an external hard drive here relatively soon. Not just to pile more stuff on but to back it all up as well.

1. Rikk Agnew - O.C. Life
2. Rikk Agnew - It's Doing Something

Here they are via RapidShare. Any questions on how to do this sort of thing just hit me up at prisoncity@hotmail.com or leave a comment below.

Like what you hear? It's in stock now on vinyl at Extreme Noise. You can also pick it up here direct from Frontier.


This week the long awaited final Dystopia LP came out! It's self titled and has 6 new songs and a cover of an old song by the band Carcinogen which drummer Dino used to be in back in the early '90s. I haven't really gotten a good thorough listen to it yet. It's the same pummeling, misanthropic, deranged metal / hardcore you've come to expect from these guys. More on it later. I'm just sad I traded off their split LP with Skaven years ago for the Born Against / Man Is The Bastard 8"! I've seen that 8" so many times in the past 8 years since and never seen the Dystopia / Skaven LP again!!! Tyler Stoddle, you got the better trade that day. Oh well. If anyone reading has got that split LP, the split 7" with Grief or the split with Suffering Luna please get in touch about my trade list!

You can pick up the new Dystopia LP right now at Extreme Noise in MPLS. The CD is also now available but we won't see it at the store for 2 more weeks. For the rest of you it's available direct from their label Life Is Abuse. It's going to be available in Europe from Skuld.

Other sweet stuff this week:

* Battletorn / MGT 7" - Totally sweet Japanese tour 7" limited to 200 that I picked up from Omid Battletorn before they left for tour! Thanks Omid!!!

* The Busy Signals s/t LP - I never thought power pop would do it for me. I was wrong!

* Beefeater - Need A Job 12" - Picked up in a trade from Jonas S. over in Switzerland. Too bad he lost track of his Bullet LaVolta "Swandive" LP. That was my first choice in our trade. Bummer. Anyway, this copy is a British pressing (domestic was on the Bad Brains' old label Olive Tree) on Wet Spots and I think it's in better shape than the copy I traded off to my good pal Leo in Italy. Jonas sent me some other stuff along to make up for the bum deal but the majority of it looks like Extreme Noise "discount dungeon" material. Hacksaw 7", Chalkline 7", etc.

* Planes Mistaken For Stars - Fucking Fight 7" on Dim Mak - Still holding out on this. I will probably trade it. This band has always been hit or miss on vinyl. Live they always stole the show.

* Kaaos / Cadgers 7" - I'm no expert on the old Swedish stuff but I've never heard a bad record by Kaaos.

* Cross Laws - Ancient Rites 7"

* Bury The Living - All The News That Is Fit To Scream LP - Used score for $4.50. Why did it take me so long to get this? I still need to sit down and give it a thorough listen for sure. The singer was and may still be a professional wrestler back in their home state of Tennessee.

* Contra - Boys Club Anthems LP - I've got a track or two by these guys in my Itunes library off of a sampler CD that their old label, Traffic Violation put out. Very good stuff.

Anyway, more on these records and even songs posted from them for you to download in the coming weeks. Honest.

Endnotes:

Just listened to the Uranus / His Hero Is Gone 12" for the first time in well over a year the other day. Still so affecting. His Hero Is Gone just fucking give me the chills. So many imitators out there but no one comes remotely close to this band in either innovation, brutality or intelligence. Uranus were no slouches either. The words that always came to mind were "bulldozing" or "steamrolling" whenever this band was mentioned.

Won a D.I. - Team Goon 12" on Ebay last weekend in further Rikk Agnew related news. $10.06 for a later Triple X Records pressing which really isn't so bad since it's got 3 more songs than the original on Revenge Records. I just want to ditch the cassette I've had of it since 1992!

Take care everyone,

RYAN

No comments: