Sunday, October 7, 2007

Here's one for you.....

A little over a week and a half ago I received complimentary tickets to the Shriner's Circus in my P.O. Box. I thought this was more than a little odd. They weren't necessarily addressed to me but the "boxholder". See, just a few days prior I had been down at Minneapolis City Hall along with other concerned citizens and members of Compassionate Action for Animals protesting for a citywide ban on circus performances that include wild animals. Anyway, the whole ordeal simply reinforced my distaste for politics. Obviously the ban didn't pass. Further details are here on the Star Trib's page. My ward's representative went on to say that he "didn't find anything wrong with the circus." Kidnapping wild animals (or perhaps breeding them) for a life of slavery, abuse and other cruelty sounds perfectly fine to me too. Fuck you Robert Lilligren.

No comments: